Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Future features

Since I think current version (1.0.10) of Move Tracker is quite stable, I am planning on what features to add next. It would be of great help if some of the current users could help me and prioritize the order to add new features. I therefore list some of my ideas here and if I get some feedback I will prioritize from that. Here it comes in no special order:

Imperial units

Add posibility to configure Imperial units (feet / miles).

Custom colored data fields

Add the possibility to color the data fields by settings value ranges. I.e. for the HRM value:
  • 0-99 - Green Text
  • 100-150 - Yellow Text
  • 151-250 - Red Text

I'm not sure if this is interesting or just Gold Plating ;-)

More fields

Possible to configure if the Display Tab shows 4 (as it is now), 6 (1x6 or 3x2) or 8 (1x9 or 3x3) data fields. This might be quite useful for all users with larger displays. Not for my Xperia Active...

KML Support

Add support for exporting KML files. This would also make it possible to add a replay in Google Earth function.

File Import (GPX+KML)

Possibility to import files back to Move Tracker from other training Apps or Training sites.

Extended statistics

Add more statistics to the track detail view. Graphs over Speed, Pulse, Pace etc.

Slider control to Pause / Resume tracking

Add a Pause slider button during tracking and a Resume slider button to use when paused.

Text to Speach

Add possibility to use Text-To-Speech for every split time.

More data fields

Since ANT+ is in place it would be quite simple to add some more ANT+ fields such as Cadence. Other ideas are field and algorithm for Calories.

Support for Bluetooth 4.0 HRM

Since Bluetooth 4.0 is appearing in current generation premium models such as the Samsung Galaxy S4 it would be nice to add this in addition to the ANT+ support currently available.

Auto Countdown

Auto countdown timer before start tracking.

Nicer User Interface

Pimp the user interface with icons and nicer look and feel.



Well, I think this will give me quite a few sleepless nights so I stop here. If some of you guys have some ideas let me know by adding a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment